11.11.11

interview::pamwishbow



Nano-N): short description of your "production"
Pamwishbow-P): I mostly do digital work, starting form lots and lots of drawing. I also commonly use gouache, ink, and even more rare, oil paints for large pieces. Though I am still kind of intimidated by that stuff and small pieces tend to be more fun for me. 


N): What is creativity for you?
P):I think creativity is really important, I am incredibly impressed with people who have a good hand at technique and can create realistic images. However, I am usually drawn into, and more impressed by people who have great ideas rather than the best ability to render something. I really value ideas and how people can apply them in unconventional ways. How many ways can you draw a toaster? I'm sure someone out there can come up with something you've never ever seen after looking though a hundred normal, well drawn appliances. 


N): What is handmade?
P): Handmade things hold a special place in my heart. I work primarily digitally, so most of my artwork comes in the form of a print. I love working this way and it really saves me because I have very little space to work. However, I am always drawn to something that shows that a human hand has touched it. No matter what it is, a handmade knife or fine art, it holds a great deal of value to me.


N):  From what and how does your project?
P):My process starts with a lot of drawing. I tend to try and work with very few colors and as little line as I can when working on prints. It becomes a challenge to work around how I will use shape and a limited palette to create an image. I love puzzles, so forcing myself to do that is a lot of fun. I scan these images and work on them in Illustrator, Photoshop, or both depending on what I'm doing. Lots of tiny changes and color choosing later, it's finally done.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...